They say that your heart stopped for a few seconds,
so I would like to give you my heartbeats.
Please take them as my present, for all these years
that you made me happy, for walking with me all my life.
I know that it's wise, but they say it is old.
So you can have mine, you know, because my soul is old but my heart is young, and nothing would make me happier...
Remember when you held my hand for the first time? It was love at first sight. I remember your black hair and your big teeth. I remember your voice and the stories you used to tell me, about ghosts and fairies, and silver horses. I remember you always telling me that I wasn't allowed to date until I turned 30.
Remember the last time I called you, a few weeks ago? I remember every single time that I answered the phone, and it was you, "May I please speak to the most beautiful girl in the neighborhood?", and I would always smile and say "She´s not home."... I remember that last phone call. You told me how proud I made you feel. You said "You are now all I ever dreamed you would become."
Of course I am! You did a great job! You made me a soccer fan, you taught me the value of literature, you encouraged me to write, you showed me the meaning of commitment, you made me believe that I could get anything through dedication. you were always my hero, and that will never change...
But I need you to be around when I turn 30, to get your permission to date. Please stay with me.
so I would like to give you my heartbeats.
Please take them as my present, for all these years
that you made me happy, for walking with me all my life.
I know that it's wise, but they say it is old.
So you can have mine, you know, because my soul is old but my heart is young, and nothing would make me happier...
Remember when you held my hand for the first time? It was love at first sight. I remember your black hair and your big teeth. I remember your voice and the stories you used to tell me, about ghosts and fairies, and silver horses. I remember you always telling me that I wasn't allowed to date until I turned 30.
Remember the last time I called you, a few weeks ago? I remember every single time that I answered the phone, and it was you, "May I please speak to the most beautiful girl in the neighborhood?", and I would always smile and say "She´s not home."... I remember that last phone call. You told me how proud I made you feel. You said "You are now all I ever dreamed you would become."
Of course I am! You did a great job! You made me a soccer fan, you taught me the value of literature, you encouraged me to write, you showed me the meaning of commitment, you made me believe that I could get anything through dedication. you were always my hero, and that will never change...
But I need you to be around when I turn 30, to get your permission to date. Please stay with me.

<< Home